Dental emergencies can occur anytime, anywhere, and require immediate attention. If you are suffering from a throbbing toothache or if you have broken, chipped, or knocked out teeth, you need to get immediate dental care to save your teeth. Ignoring a dental emergency will only make it worse and will cost you a lot more down the line. Therefore, you need to act fast and visit an emergency dentist in Chandler, AZ, to save your teeth and prevent complications.
How To Handle A Dental Emergency?
Following are a few ways to handle common dental emergencies
#1 Knocked Out Teeth
A knocked-out tooth is very painful and requires immediate attention to ensure restoration. If you have knocked out teeth, take the following measures before visiting the dentist.
- Locate the tooth and hold the tooth by the crowns, i.e., the biting part. Don’t touch the nerves.
- If there’s dirt on the tooth, wash it gently with warm water.
- Avoid scrubbing or using soap or chemicals to clean the tooth. Don’t dry the tooth with towels or tissues.
- Try to reinsert the tooth back into the socket, and make sure it’s in the right direction.
- Don’t force the tooth back in the socket, instead store it in milk or your mouth. Avoid storing it in water as prolonged contact can damage the nerves.
- Quickly visit an emergency dentist in Chandler, AZ, who will tend to your dental issue right away and save your tooth.
#2 Chipped or Broken Teeth
If you have chipped or broken teeth, collect and store the broken fragments in milk. It is important to swish warm salt water in your mouth. If you experience bleeding, apply a piece of gauze to the affected areas and hold it till the bleeding stops. Immediately visit a dentist for emergency dentistry in Chandler, AZ, to avoid further complications or damage. You can also apply a cold compress on the cheek of the affected area to get temporary relief.
#3 Severe Tooth Pain
There are different causes for throbbing tooth pain, whatever the reason may be, it is a warning sign to get immediate care for your teeth. Following are a few common reasons for a severe toothache
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Trauma to your jaw
- Infected gums
- Tooth abscess
- Gum disease
Whatever the reasons may be, you need to visit an emergency dentist right away to ensure you get the proper care.
#4 Tooth Abscess
A tooth abscess is an infection that occurs at the base of the tooth or in the space between two teeth. This infection can spread easily and quickly and severely damage your teeth and the surrounding tissues. If left untreated for a long, it can even spread to other parts of your body. Visit the emergency dentist as soon as you discover any signs of swelling in your gums. To get temporary relief from the pain you can swish salt water in your mouth several times.
Emergency Dentistry in Chandler, AZ
If you are worried about finding a good emergency dentist in Chandler, AZ, to get immediate dental care, contact us now. At Canyon State Dental, we believe no one should suffer from pain and wait to be treated, which is our emergency dentist goes above and beyond to provide quick treatment to restore your teeth.